Our Distribution Cluster
- The Home Shopping Network has a 1 million sq. ft. fulfillment center in Sullivan County which employs 350 people
- FedEx has ground and freight facilities in Sullivan County
- Our labor shed has seen the following growth in numbers of employees from 2011-2019:
- 89% growth in General Warehousting and Storage
- 32% growth in General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Less than Truckload
- 6% growth in General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Truckload
- Over 15,000 people are employed in transportation/warehousing in our labor shed
- 3,298 of them are heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (this has grown by 8% since 2014)
- 1,416 of them are light truck or delivery service drivers
- Our labor shed has more people employed than the average US labor shed in the following areas:
- 3 times more in mixed mode transit systems
- 2 times more in more general freight long-distance trucking
- 3 times more in more general warehousing and storage
- Over 4,202 temporary help workers in the labor shed
- Under 3.5% of employees in Sullivan County are a member of a union
- Tennessee is a Right-To-Work state
- $52 billion in products are exported from our labor shed annually
- Interstates 81 & 26 intersect in Sullivan County
- Norfolk Southern and CSX provides Class I Rail Access to Sullivan County
- Tri Cities Regional Airport provides commercial and cargo air services
- We have available prepared sites with access to airport runways
- There is no Inventory tax on finished goods in Tennessee.
- East Tennessee State University, the University of Tennessee, and Virginia Tech all have Logistics/Supply Chain Management degree programs within 2 hours of Sullivan County.
- We are home to Foreign Trade Zone #204 and have our own US Customs Port
No Inventory Tax
- Tennessee has no inventory tax on finished goods.
- Sullivan County is located at the intersection of Interstates 81 and 26. Additionally, we are served by:
- 88 Common Carriers serve the area
- 63 Common Carriers Have Local Terminals
- Sullivan County has Class I rail access via the NS and CSX main rail lines.
- Tri-Cities Airport (TRI) is a full-service commercial airport serving Northeast Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, Western North Carolina and Eastern Kentucky. The Airport offers nonstop flights to five hubs (Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas/Ft.Worth, Orlando and Tampa/Clearwater-St.Petersburg) on Allegiant, American, and Delta.